I’ve got to be honest. It’s 20:36 on Saturday night and I unexpectedly had to be out for most of the day.
But I write the daily posts and it’s something I haven’t planned on breaking today. You have to be a man of your word in today’s world, so there we go.
But I don’t have much time because as fun as all this is, I’m exhausted and have more stuff to do.
But let’s just quickly do something to fill in the blanks.
Niche Site Saturdays: All There Is To It
Niche site Saturdays are something I’ve been toying with getting rid of.
And people have said to me, “Jamie… make a niche site course.”
(Time Out: If you’re enjoying this article, then you should probably sign up to my mailing list, where I give out ideas and business tricks that I don’t share publicly. Click here, fill out your details and get yourself on the list! You won’t leave this page.
Now Back To The Regular Programming Schedule…)
The jury is undecided on that one for the near future, but everything is already there in the archives. It’s just a case of putting it in order, showing some examples and getting it together.
Until I do, you should check out my buddy Kyle’s Pro Niche Site course.
Anyway, if you’re not into the buy a course thing but you’re into step-by-step things, then let me help you out.
Niche Site Formula
- Find a niche by picking an audience and then seeing if there’s demand in two places:
- Questions on Quora, Reddit, etc.
- Keyword Research
- Nail this down further to answer the questions your audience would like. The who, the what, the where, the when and the why are good places to start.
- If you’re still getting green lights, find some good affiliate programs. Don’t overcomplicate this. Think of a list of products that’ll help people achieve their goal and then find ones with affiliate programs.
- Write some good articles.
- Get a domain name, logo and hosting
- Load up your favourite wordpress theme
- Design the site so it looks not-totally-unpleasant
- Upload your articles
- Do the basic SEO stuff: set featured images and use the Yoast SEO plugin
- Link to your affiliate promotions
That’s all there really is to it. The rest is fine details.
But let’s go a step further.
Taking It Further
- Add an opt-in to your site to grab people’s email addresses
- Set up an auto-responder with all your articles in email form
- Put together your top ten articles (if you have say 50 or so) and create a free opt-in ebook to make this more effective
- When you have a book’s worth of articles that are more how-to based, create an ebook for sale
- Post all of your articles to Reddit’s subreddit sections that are relevant
- Set up IFTTT and Buffer (or whatever you use) to automate social media posts every time you release a new article
- Get an “archive retweet” plugin (or something similar) to post your articles every so often
- Keep adding new content every so often
- Depending on subject of niche site, put up a related service for sale
So let’s just wrap it all up. If you do all of the above, you’ll have a successful niche site with multiple income streams.
There’s information in the archives of this site that’ll help you do all of those things.
A final note: use your niche sites to experiment with all the new stuff you learn.
A final final note: some people are going to get mighty upset that I’ve given everyone this free list of everything you need to do.
As such, this post falls under the “one week” rule.
You have one week to read it, and then it goes under the password protection mode for friends only.
Catch you in the next one.